Friday, November 5, 2010

Misto!

I love kitchen gadgets. My latest purchase was the Misto Olive Oil Sprayer ($10 at Target). Okay, I admit, I saw this on Dr. Oz and thought that it looked pretty cool. Instead of using PAM or Crisco cooking spray, you fill the container with olive oil, pump and spray. It works well. Mind you it's not an aerosol can so the spray isn't going to be as strong. It's meant to be both safe for the environment and healthy. I give it a B+.

Misto® is designed with the health-conscious cook in mind. It offers an easy way to add flavor, use less oil and reduce calories and fat. It is non-aerosol, so it promotes better health not only for you, but also for the environment. Simply add your favorite oil and spray on pasta, pizza, salads, veggies, and more. Just fill, pump and spray without chemicals or propellants. Refill it again and again. Perfect for grilling, roasting, sauteing, non-stick cooking and basting without brushes. Holds 3-ounces of oil. Measures 7 3/4" H x 1 7/8" in diameter.

2 comments:

  1. My mom used to have a pump like this, I believe from Pampered Chef maybe? Not sure. But we loved it, and used it until it finally broke. I might just have to make a trip to target this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...