Thursday, October 1, 2009

I got a rock


It's that time again! I love the month of October. The brisk cool air, leaves falling all around, scary movies, costumes, and CANDY!



Halloween is my second favorite holiday, pagan or not. Love it. Trick or treating is a blast, still enjoy it even though I am just taking my kids around. If you were like me, you always knew which houses had the best candy and which jerks gave out the apples or pennies. Pennies? Really dude, you are cheaper than the asshole that has his porch light off. There was a rumor once that the guy giving out apples was putting needles into them. He was the same guy that yelled at all the kids for walking on his lawn. He switched to pennies. Need I say more? Of course trick or treating in Ohio meant the weather was unpredictable. You never knew if you were going to have to hide your awesome costume with a parka or not. The best part was getting back home, going through your loot and eating yourself into a candy coma...ah good times!
These are some Halloween favorites:

CANDY CORN

I have a love/hate relationship with them. Great for making vampire teeth with though!



SWEET TARTS

They're sweet. They're tart. They're good!



HALLOWEEN PEEPS

Peeps, are they just for Easter? Discuss.



CARAMEL APPLE POPS

I literally hoard these. SOOOO GOOD!



FUN SIZE ANYTHING!


Snickers, Milky Way, M&M's, Baby Ruth, Butterfinger, Kit Kat, and my personal fav Twix. Almond Joy and Mounds were always in my yucky pile. Hate coconut.



BOTTLE CAPS


We would fight over these because they were rare!



SMARTIES!!!


Who doesn't love Smarties? I mean, it's un-American.



RAZZLES


It's candy then it's gum!



RAIN-BLO BUBBLE GUM

The flavor lasts all of 15 seconds but it was good while it lasted.



WHOPPERS


I personally do not like them but my husband does. He always steals them from the kids' stash.



SUGAR BABIES/ SUGAR DADDIES


Getting stuck in my teeth since 1978.



TOOTSIE POPS

We may never know just how many licks it takes to get to the center...
Love the grape and chocolate and now they have pomegranate. Not a fan of the orange ones, gross.



BLOW POPS


Sucker good. Gum bad.



LEMONHEADS/ GRAPEHEADS/ CHERRY CHAN'S


I buy these every year. So yummy.



PIXY STIX



This is crack for kids.


What is your favorite and least favorite Halloween candy?



4 comments:

  1. I too am in love with Halloween. I love the decorations, the candy, dressing up in costums...so fun!

    I tend to go very traditional with my candy. I too agree, anything minature like snickers, M&M's, Kit Kat bars, reese's peanut butter cups (YUM YUM), anything minature made by Hershey's, I love the large tootsie rolls that are as hard as a rock, and anything gummy!

    Every year we go to the store and get at least 4 bags of candy, you know for the 5 kids that come to our house each year. We just like to make sure we have enough :)

    (this post makes me want candy - damn this diet I am on)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like when you mix peanuts and candy corn. Super good!

    PS your new background is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I got a cavity just writing this...no joke

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the mellow pumpkins. I eat an entire bag every year. I also loved getting Charlston Chew bars. And I only got like one or two...Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...