Monday, March 9, 2009

Just Duckie!

Bryn turned one on Friday and I wanted to give her a special rubber duckie cake (she loves her duckies). I like to make my kids' birthday cakes. My mom always made mine and hers always tasted the best. I have never used fondant before and I thought I would give it a shot. I even made my own fondant and buttercream frosting. The fondant was really messy but easy to make. It was however a bit difficult to work with, especially if there is an ounce of humidity in the air! All in all I think it went pretty well. Here is the finished product:


The little cupcake was Bryn's to eat, errr smash!

I used pearl dust for the bubbles. They looked bubbly!


I did catch flack for not making my own ducks. I had already bought the ducks. This way she has a little keepsake from her cake. Hey this isn't Ace of Cakes ya know!


I think it's 'quacktastic'!

and the taste test...

Yea! Delicioso!

7 comments:

  1. The cake looks amazing! Nice work.
    And a very Happy Birthday to Bryn. She is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is ADORABLE! Love that cake. And I offer you NO flack for not making the ducks yourself. Are you kidding?

    :-)

    Happy Birthday, Bryn!

    (I love that name.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is ADORABLE! Love that cake. And I offer you NO flack for not making the ducks yourself. Are you kidding?

    :-)

    Happy Birthday, Bryn!

    (I love that name.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT cake!! Lovely job!! And happy birthday, it looks like Bryn enjoyed it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work! It looks very professional. It looks like Bryn loved it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job on that cake! Better than I could have ever made!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...