Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My ass is chapped and here's why:

You know what really chaps my ass? People that neglect their pets. I cannot tell you how many times I see dead cats and dogs on the side of the road. Several times I have seen these pets previously alive and when I went by again, they were road kill. I realize that many are strays, unwanted pets. It breaks my heart. Today as I was driving home from the store, I saw a dog (possibly a puppy) walking out of the woods on the side of the highway. If I didn't have two kids with me I probably would have stopped. I have rescued many dogs and I wish I could rescue them all. I can't be responsible for everyone else's pets, I can only be responsible for mine.

Here are my buddies; Buttercup (American Eskimo mix) and Killian (boxer). Buttercup (got her name from The Three Amigos) was a dog that someone threw out and I rescued her. I don't know how someone can be so cold and heartless toward animals. They only ask for a little food and a lot of affection...unconditionally. (Yes, she always looks terrified in pictures.)

My friend Nicole and her husband Greg also have a passion for pets. They started a foundation to serve as an advocate for animals. During hurricane you know who, they donated a substantial amount to the shelters down here who were inundated with pets. Check out their website...you will also see Killian's father, Foster and sister, Gracie. Visit The Greg Biffle Foundation.

I am channeling Bob Barker here. Help keep the pet population down, please spay and neuter your pets and make sure they have identification if they are to get lost. Freckleface out.

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree, I just don't understand how people can harm/neglect animals. It is SO sad to see.

    What a WONDERFUL thing your friends did! And your dogs are SO cute, even the one that has "scared face". I just want to pet them and talk in my dog voice to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why must you OBVIOUSLY beat Buttercup with the camera???

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...