Sunday, February 15, 2009

2009 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Fest

I am super excited for the 2009 Jazz and Heritage fest. It is the 40th anniversary and my FIRST time there. Here are some of the bands that will be performing:

Neil Young, Wynton Marsalis, Bon Jovi, Dave Matthews Band, James Taylor, Sugarland, Joe Cocker, Ben Harper, Tony Bennett, Earth, Wind & Fire, Kings of Leon, Neville Brothers (featuring that thing on Aaron's face), Wilco, Bonnie Raitt, Allen Toussaint, The O’Jays, Erykah Badu, Maze featuring Frankie Beverly, Dr. John etc. etc. etc.

This is definitely one thing that I need to experience before we leave! Can't wait!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this line up sounds FANTASTIC! I have only been to the French Quarter Fest, but have ALWAYS wanted to go to this one! I want to go SO flipp'n bad! When is it this year? Is it the end of April?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesh, it ia always the last weekend in April/ first weekend in May. C'mon down!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...