Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Here it is:
ARE YOU AT RISK?
If you're worried about how much time you spend online, ask yourself the questions below. If you answer yes to three or more, you might want to try to cut back or seek help. Go to the website of the Center for Internet Addiction Recovery-Netaddiction.com-for more details.
- Do you check e-mail before doing other important tasks, like playing with or caring for the baby? (Does my BlackBerry count?)
- Are you constantly forming new relationships online? no, well unless you are talking about new followers to Twitter, or Facebook friends
- Are you less productive at work or neglecting household tasks? NO!
- Do you often stay online longer than you intended? maybe
- Are you losing sleep due to staying online late at night? me? loose sleep...never!
- Do you crave computer time when you aren't logged on? No, I crave ice cream, raisinets, and quiet time
- Do you choose to go online instead of spending time with your partner? hmmm...no, kidding, my kids definitely NO!
- Do you lay in bed at night and plan your next blog post? sometimes
- Do you think of something funny and say "I need to Tweet that!"? guilty
What are you giving up?
Monday, February 23, 2009
2. Do not stand in front of a child...especially mine!
Here are some pics I took. Regrettably I wasn't able to take more. It is very difficult to take pictures and watch three kids and the parade.
Listening to Kid Rock lipsynch "All Summer Long". I was taking pictures of the wrong guy the whole time. OY!
Throw me something mister!
This was hard to see but these are the flambeaus. They look like indigents with torches and you give them money. They were used to light the way for the parades that rolled in the dark.
Kids trying to get the throws
He can sink his teeth in me any day!
"Jingle bells, jingle bells."
Friday, February 20, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Here are my buddies; Buttercup (American Eskimo mix) and Killian (boxer). Buttercup (got her name from The Three Amigos) was a dog that someone threw out and I rescued her. I don't know how someone can be so cold and heartless toward animals. They only ask for a little food and a lot of affection...unconditionally. (Yes, she always looks terrified in pictures.)
My friend Nicole and her husband Greg also have a passion for pets. They started a foundation to serve as an advocate for animals. During hurricane you know who, they donated a substantial amount to the shelters down here who were inundated with pets. Check out their website...you will also see Killian's father, Foster and sister, Gracie. Visit The Greg Biffle Foundation.
I am channeling Bob Barker here. Help keep the pet population down, please spay and neuter your pets and make sure they have identification if they are to get lost. Freckleface out.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Neil Young, Wynton Marsalis, Bon Jovi, Dave Matthews Band, James Taylor, Sugarland, Joe Cocker, Ben Harper, Tony Bennett, Earth, Wind & Fire, Kings of Leon, Neville Brothers (featuring that thing on Aaron's face), Wilco, Bonnie Raitt, Allen Toussaint, The O’Jays, Erykah Badu, Maze featuring Frankie Beverly, Dr. John etc. etc. etc.
This is definitely one thing that I need to experience before we leave! Can't wait!!