Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Toledo

My visit to Toledo went well, and fast (except the drive there and back). The trip took 17 hours, with THREE kids! Without the frequent potty stops we normally can make it in about 14-15 hours. We arrived Thursday afternoon (we left at 7 pm on Wed). We only had three full days there, enough time to see family and friends, take the kids trick-or-treating, and go to places that we miss. One of my favorite places is Barry Bagels, where I enjoyed my usual turkey on a salt bagel and a bowl of matzo ball soup. It was delish! (see image below)


Places we also went were The Anderson's, The Buckeye-Wolverine Shop, the mall (it will always be Franklin-Park), and Geno's pizza. My how things have changed. We were driving around like we were in a foreign land. Our heads bopping from one thing to another. I love how Toledo gets all the cool things once we leave.


Friday after lunch and shopping we went back to Chad's mom's house so the kids could carve pumpkins and get ready to trick-or-treat. Hayden was Jango Fett from Star Wars, Logan was a skeleton, and Bryn was a candy corn.




On Saturday my aunt threw a party for us so we could see the family all at once. It was a blast! It was also the first time everyone got to meet Bryn. Of course everyone loved her! We also got to meet Maddie, my cousin's baby girl who is one month older than Bryn.


I only got to see my best friend Melissa and her new baby Jacob for a short time. But it was nice to see her and her miracle baby even if it was for just an hour. Jacob was born at 28 weeks gestation in June.


Part of the trip was dedicated to our house for sale there. Chad had intentions of doing some more work to the house, but we didn't have enough time. He cleaned out the garage and I buried a statue of St. Joseph in the yard (if this has worked for anyone let me know). My house has been for sale for almost a year now. Fingers crossed! (Me, superstitious? No!)

All in all it was a good trip. We didn't get to see everyone or do everything, maybe next time!

5 comments:

  1. I buried the St. Joseph statue in my yard too. Hard to say if it worked or not. We sold the house, but it was 4 months after we buried it? But it had been on the market a year before we buried it, so I guess it had some effect.

    If you want to switch realtors, I know a good one. He sold my house in 10 days and Two Pretzels' house in 3 weeks.

    Glad you had a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, glad you had a nice & safe trip! Love the costumes...a little candy corn, um CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a lot of Realtors totally believe in that statue and swear by it.

    Also, I think that Realtor that is selling houses so quickly in this market is an actual wizard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Realtor Extrodinaire (aka, Mr. Wonderful. aka, miracle worker. aka, realty wizard):

    http://nls.point2.com/members/US/Ohio/Perrysburg/Mark-Steinbauer/F15BF6D0-B917-4564-84FC-5A6460C439C5.html

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toledo must've been unrecognizable to you. There are new places every time we drive up there!

    And I must have Barry Bagels whenever I am in Toledo, even if I just take them home.

    Your kids look so cute, but they're growing too fast!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...