Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Guess who's coming to the White House?

History has been made. (Notice, I didn't say WE made history. I had nothing to do with it.) Barack Obama is the new President-elect. Of course I was disappointed. I am a registered Republican, and have been since I first registered to vote in 1992. McCain was not my first choice, but he was the choice. I was not only electing the leader of my/our country. I was electing my husband's future boss. Being a military family, John McCain was the best choice for my family. He's a very respected Veteran and he understands the needs of the military and their families. Under Bill Clinton, the military did not receive ONE pay raise...for 8 years! My only hope is that President-elect Obama does not screw us like Bill Clinton screwed so many before (pun intended). I will give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves me wrong. He deserves the utmost respect, and I hill honor that. It does not matter if you agree with your president or not, (Bush haters like Michael Moore, Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, Barbra Streisand, Rosie O'Donnell, etc. etc.), you should grant them the respect they deserve as the leader of our country. UNITED WE STAND means something. Let's prove it. Congratulations Mr. Obama!

I think we can all agree that we are glad it's O.V.E.R! Yea! Now we can get back to what's important in this country...like when LOST is going to return. It's been freakin' forever!

1 comment:

Your thoughts...