Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I feel so powerless (pun intended!)

Well Gustav came and went. We came away relatively unscathed and are still without power. There are a couple trees down on some power lines on our street. Chad went to the house last night and said other than everything in the fridge and freezer, the only thing damaged was our front door. (I wanted a new one anyway!) Hopefully it won't take months for the insurance company to send us the money!!
Now I just have to play the waiting game. I have to wait for the power to come back on before I return and I have to wait for my truck to be repaired. Once that is fixed Chad can come and get me.
I have had it with hurricanes!

3 comments:

  1. that is good to hear that other than all the food, only the front door was damaged...i hope you get to go home soon!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the door (and the truck) are the only issues.

    The after-math of these storms seems to be the worst.

    Again, glad you're ok. Thanks for keeping us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I am glad your family is ok and that there was minimal damage. still thinking of you all

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...