Monday, September 1, 2008

I am in North Carolina

My mom didn't come to get me after all, my dad did. He and one of his biker buddies drove down to get us and turned around and drove right back. I couldn't stay at that motel a day longer! Don't get me wrong, I am grateful that I had a place to sleep, but it was nasty. There was an anthill in my damn room for Pete's sake! I felt like I needed to de-louse after leaving. There were also a group of hooligans (I sound like an old man complaining about someone stepping on his lawn!) smoking pot and probably selling it. I didn't sleep a wink. Chad drove 4 hours to stay with me. He took us to get some food and then he stayed until 2:30 am and had to go back to the house because contra-flow started at 4 am. I had to stick it out until 7:30 when my dad arrived. We got here last night...would you believe the baby was the best one in the car. She's a trooper!

Sorry about my last post. I was using my CrackBerry and it changes spellings on me and I thought it fixed it. I need to set the record straight; I didn't eat oringles for dinner, I ate pringles.

I just want to say THANK YOU to all my blogger friends for your prayers and support! I can't tell you you how much that has meant to me. Every time my phone would chime that I had a message it made me smile. My family and friends have been great! My LA-BFF Jill is THE most positive person I have ever met. She can literally find the silver lining in just about anything. Saturday night I called her, in tears, because I knew she would make me feel better (after all she would understand since she lives here too). After I told her what had happened she laughed. Which made me laugh, my story did sound completely ludicrous. I couldn't help but laugh even though that was one of the worst days in my life! She turned my frown upside down! Luv ya Jill!

Today Gustav hit LA. Chad is going on a recon mission tomorrow in NOLA and after that he is going to try to go to our house to see if everything is OK and he will let me know. Over 1 million homes are without power, I am pretty sure we are in the 1 million. We will have to replace everything in the fridge and freezer. But if that is all there is wrong, I'll take it!

I will keep y'all posted! Thanks again!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear you made it safe! My prayers are still with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy to hear that you made it to NC. :)

    i watched CNN all day yesterday and kept praying the levees would hold and NOLA would be OK!

    i hope you get to go home soon!!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...