Saturday, August 30, 2008

update

I am in hell! My truck broke down on the side of the road. I sat in a hot truck with no air, two smelly dogs, and a dead armadillo on the side of the road. The smell was vomitous. Is that a word? Well it is now. I was scared to death that my kids were going to get sick from the intense heat. I was too far for anyone to come get me. My bathroom situation suddenly didn't seem so bad. Long story short, an Alabama state trooper helped me and I am now at a hotel. Did I mention I am in the ghetto? Yeah! Y'all know I have OCD, I can't even sit down in here. I am sitting on my cooler typing this. Chad is coming to get me to take me to Tupelo where my mom can come get me.I look and feel like shit and I just found out that Gustav is about to be a Cat 5.Other than that I
am pretty fuckin' great! Pardon my French! Oh yeah and we are eating oringles sticks and capri suns for dinner.

5 comments:

  1. oh wow....that just really sucks. i am so sorry that (1) you had to evacuate and (2) that things got that bad and included a dead armadillo.

    i've been watching CNN and the weather channel all evening and yes, it does seem like Gustav, bastard that he is, will be a cat 5 soon. i think everyone is hoping it misses new orleans completely!

    i hope you are able to get out of the motel soon and can be w/ famiy!

    keeping you and your fam in my thoughts! :)

    sending a blogger hug from ohio!

    - traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness. My heart goes out to you. (I know that means nothing right now.)

    Hang on, hang on... I'm so glad that you're out of there and that you'll be ok.

    Please, please - if you can keep us posted.

    HUG, HUG, HUG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, it is already a hard enough situation without all the this extra. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please keep us updated and keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an amazing mom! Protecting your little ones, and having to drive all alone. Wow, I don't know if I could do that. What a nice hubby you have to drive all the way to be with you. Although the hotel is icky at least you are safe.

    I hope you reach your final destination soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone!
    CNG- You would have done the same thing, any good mommy would!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...