Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bienvenue a Louisiane


Three years ago today we loaded up two vehicles with two kids and two dogs and a bunch of stuff and drove 20 hours to Louisiana. (It is actually about 15 hours...but not with multiple potty stops) My thoughts on living in the South thus far:
  • The weather in the summer is atrocious (hate hurricanes!)
  • The weather in the winter is fabulous
  • The bugs are big and everywhere!
  • Living here has been an experience. We have seen and done so many things that I never thought I would see or do. I love living close to the ocean.
  • I miss my family and friends. I have missed weddings and babies being born. I have to see everything via the Internet :o(

We only have about a year left. I can't wait to see where we will go next!

3 comments:

  1. My family and I once visited New Orleans a few years back. We were sitting in a bar/restaurant and a HUGE, we're talking three or four inch long, cockroach was next to this dude just sitting at the bar. He acted like nothing happened.

    Those Southern bugs scare me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K. I was totally thinking of this story when I was reading the blog! It made you think twice about the crunchy stuff in the soup we were eating ;)

    What an amazing experience for you and your kids! Just think of all the wonderful things they will learn and you will learn....I think that is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...