Thursday, July 24, 2008
I agree with the judges about Wesley, his was awful. Short, tight and shiny = cheap. Love it Nina!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
I have had these labels from Family Labels for quite some time. They are a fun way to personalize your mail. Of course I erased my last name and address and for some reason my computer changed the original font. You can create your little people to look just like you and even add your pets. My boxer Killian even has the little white stripe down his nose! As my kids change I can update my little people. I love these labels!
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Friday, July 11, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
Stop naming your kids after fruit, airplanes, cars, cities, colors, countries, numbers, planets, or worse making them up. It is cruel and you are just dooming to child to unnecessary ridicule. Other kids aren't going to give a crap if your dad won an Oscar or your mom has a star on the Hollywood walk of fame, if you have a dumb name they will make fun of you!
Nicole Kidman just had a baby girl and named her Sunday Rose Kidman Urban. If that ain't a mouthful in itself she names her after a day of the week. Jessica Alba named her baby girl Honor and Halle Berry named her baby girl Nahla Areola...uh I mean Ariela. Why can't anyone give their kids a normal name? Is that a prerequisite for becoming a celeb? In 20 years there are going to be a bunch of weird named Hollywood actors and musicians (by way of nepotism of course). I am starting to think Bruce Willis and Demi Moore's kids have normal names!
Friday, July 4, 2008
The following are actual warning labels on fireworks.
- DO NOT USE ALCOHOL WITH FIREWORKS. Please do not consume any alcohol while lighting or handling fireworks. Fireworks must be used only by individuals who act in a responsible manner and who are not under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If you are impaired in any way when you use fireworks, you increase the possibilities of misuse and injury to yourself and others. (Aren't the people using the fireworks usually drunk?)
- KEEP CLEAR OF THE FIREWORKS. Never put your head or any part of your body over the top of any fireworks product. Never look into a tube to check on the firework item. Never hold a lighted firework item in your hand. Keep as far from the firework item as possible when lighting. (Yes, people are that dumb!)
- BE CAREFUL WITH ANIMALS.The noise and lights of fireworks often frighten some animals, so it is very important that you are careful with pets and farm animals. You may want to consider moving the animals away or keeping them inside during your display. Please be considerate of your pets and animals when using fireworks. (DO NOT use in a frog's butt!)
- PURCHASE FIREWORKS FROM RELIABLE DEALERS.Buy fireworks only from reliable, licensed fireworks dealers. Licensed and reliable dealers will only carry those products that meet standards set and enforced by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Do not use illegal explosives; do not alter any firework device; do not make your own fireworks. (Do not buy them out of the back of a pick up truck on the side of the road!)
- DO NOT TRANSPORT FIREWORKS ON AIRPLANES.It is a violation of federal aviation law to transport any fireworks device on an airplane. Please respect this law and do not attempt to carry any fireworks onto an airplane or transport them in your luggage. (If you do you will end up in a federal "pound you in the ass" prison.)
- USE FIREWORKS OUTDOORS.Never use fireworks indoors; only use them outdoors under safe conditions. (Thank you for clarifying that...I would have never thought of this!)
- NEVER USE THE FIREWORKS AS WEAPONS.Never aim, point, or throw any fireworks at another person or at any property. (This is a stick up. Don't do anything stupid. I've got a cherry bomb!)
- USE CARE IN HANDLING FIREWORKS.Do not carry fireworks in your pocket or on your person. It is preferable to keep the products in a closed container before ignition. Always be careful in handling fireworks to prevent dropping them. Never smoke when handling fireworks. (Or try to light them with your cigarette or vice versa.)
- CHILDREN SHOULD NOT HANDLE FIREWORKS.NEVER LET CHILDREN HANDLE, PLAY WITH, OR LIGHT ANY FIREWORKS. ONLY ADULTS SHOULD HANDLE AND LIGHT THE FIREWORKS. The fireworks are great family fun, but they burn very hot and are intended to be handled only by adults. (Dammit....I was going to let Bryn shoot off her first bottle rocket! Haha get it? Bottle rocket!)
Be safe and have a happy 4th!
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Has anyone seen this show? What is it about watching people hurt themselves that I find so damn funny? I have not laughed so hard in a long time!
Wipeout is an American version of the the Japanese game show MXC (Maximum Extreme Challenge), which is freakin' hilarious! It is hosted by John Anderson from 'SportsCenter' and John Henson of 'Talk Soup' fame. Their commentary is great, especially John...Henson.
Check it out. It is on Tuesdays.
- The weather in the summer is atrocious (hate hurricanes!)
- The weather in the winter is fabulous
- The bugs are big and everywhere!
- Living here has been an experience. We have seen and done so many things that I never thought I would see or do. I love living close to the ocean.
- I miss my family and friends. I have missed weddings and babies being born. I have to see everything via the Internet :o(
We only have about a year left. I can't wait to see where we will go next!