Thursday, June 5, 2008

From last night's Letterman

Top Ten Messages Left on Barack Obama's Answering Machine:
10. "It's Eliot Spitzer - let's get some girls and celebrate!"
9. "John McCain here, I...crap, I forgot why I called." (love this one)
8. "This is Al Gore, don't make the same mistake I did and win the popular vote."
7. "It's John McCain again. What is this some kind of machine that answers the phone?"
6. "This is John Kerry; are you interested in a subscription to 'Sports Illustrated'?" (and this one)
5. "You've just made a powerful enemy of The Pantsuit Manufacturers of America"
4. "It's Randy Jackson. Your last speech? Little pitchy, dawg"
3. No number 3 - writer stuck on plane with Scott McClellan
2. "Hillary calling; I'm still prepared to offer you the Vice President position"
1. "Oprah here; I helped you get the nomination now will you help me get rid of Dr. Phil"
These were too funny not to share. This is why I like politics, for the jokes!
This is what I hate about politics, celebrities ranting and raving. Susan Sarandon recently stated that she will move if John McCain is elected president. Um, didn't you say that the last time Bush was elected? Along with Rosie O'Donnell and Barbra Streisand. So go already, why wait?

2 comments:

  1. those are funny. :)

    yes, please..everyone who threatens to move if their candidate isn't elected..please do so. it would make life that much better.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...