Friday, May 30, 2008

Bags, shoes and dresses...oh my!

Tonight is ladies' night and I went out with the girls; Charlotte, Miranda, Samantha, Carrie and Jill. My great friend Jill and I saw Sex and the City tonight and it did not disappoint! I laughed, I cried and I laughed some more. It was worth sitting in a crowded theater with popcorn chomping, cackling women who wouldn't or couldn't shut up! Totally worth it! (It was also the worst place to be if you were a woman who just spent $5 on a medium soda and you have held your bladder since the previews.)

I won't spoil it for those of you who didn't see it yet, but I loved it and if you were a fan of the show, you too will love it. I wasn't sure how I would like Jennifer Hudson. I was a big fan of hers when she was on American Idol, in fact she was the best that season, but this is SATC! How can someone else join the cast, a girl no less? I was wondering how she would "fit in". Well she was okay, kinda cute actually. This was not an Oscar worthy performance by any means, but her character played an integral part in the storyline at the end. All the regulars are back too! It was like you hadn't seen your best friends in 10 years. I love them, just about every girl can relate to one of them. (I'm a little like all of them I think, well maybe not Samantha.) It was fabulous!
After the movie we went to dinner at Boston St. Food and Spirits where I indulged in some crab cakes and of course a Cosmo. Now this is the first alcoholic beverage that has touched my lips since well over a year ago but I had to have it. (Oh, and we didn't get carded...Bitch!) I am a loud talker normally, but get a little liquor in me and my voice gets even LOUDER. It's a good thing we were sitting in our own little room. We were laughing and having a great time talking baby and just enjoying some good adult conversation. I love ladies' night! Here's to girlfriends...


2 comments:

  1. i had a girl's night out too - w/ my mom and sister. we went all out..rented a limo, had dinner at a steakhouse after.

    it was such a good movie. and sadly, i was one of those who had to pee at the previews and i HAD to get up and go. i felt so bad for the women i had to walk in front of..i stepped on one's foot in my high heeled sandals. OOPS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom, my two sisters and I went to see SATC too! We sat in the directors hall and had assigned seating! It was a very good movie in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...