Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What was old is new again

Tretorns are back! Do you remember these classic shoes from the 80's? I loved these, I had the classic white and the plaid. These are great light-weight shoes that you can wear with or without socks because the lining, if memory serves, is a terry material. I remember wearing them with my Outback Red shirts (the tag was on the outside) from The Limited, or with Esprit, Guess jeans with the zipper on the side of the ankle, a banana clip in my hair, and a Liz Claiborne purse. Memories!
They sell for $55. I am totally going to be sporting these this summer!

7 comments:

  1. I had some of these. I would always match the ribbon in my hair to them. I also rocked the K-Swiss. This spring and summer, I plan on wearing out my Converse Chuck Taylor lo-tops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K-Swiss, yes! Had those too.

    Oh and does it get any better than N.K.O.T.B. reuniting??

    ReplyDelete
  3. dammit, i wish i kept mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Welcome to the blog world! I'm a friend of t.w.i.t.)

    I had these and I will totally own them again. Thanks for the PSA. They're great.

    And t.w.i.t. - I have red low top Chuck's (C. has black) and we love them. But we don't wear them on the same days. It's just too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely had these! i think mine were plaid too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved these and I love that they have come back. I also own a pair of jelly shoes and velcro shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remember that movie "The Boy Who Could Fly?" I remember when she fell and specifically remember her wearing Tretorns. Welcome back, old friends.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...