Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Friday, December 17, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
Tools and Materials
Ball of cotton string
Snowy Balloon Ornaments How-To
1. Blow up the balloon until it's slightly smaller than your fist. Tie the end of the cotton string to the end of the balloon.
2. Thin the glue slightly with water and brush some on the bottom of the balloon to tack down the string. Begin wrapping the string vertically around the balloon. When 3/4 of the balloon is covered vertically, begin wrapping the string horizontally. To change direction, wrap the string around the tied-off end of the balloon. Continue until 3/4 of the balloon is wrapped horizontally.
3. Cut the string and secure it with a dab of glue. Brush the watered-down craft glue all over the string-covered balloon. Pinch the top of the balloon with a clothespin and thread the clothespin onto a dowel that you've suspended between two points. Allow to dry for several hours.
4. Once dry, pop the balloon with a pin and remove it, using tweezers, if necessary. Add a loop of metallic thread and brush the balloon with glue again. Working over a bowl, spoon on glitter and set aside to dry.
5. Spray the branch with spray mount and spoon on glitter. Allow to dry. Affix the ornament to the branch.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Snowy Balloon Ornaments - Martha Stewart Crafts